All About Phd Admissions, How to get admission in top universities
What is a PhD?
A PhD, or Doctor of Philosophy, is a postgraduate doctorate degree that is the highest academic degree obtainable in most nations. A PhD is given to students who write an original thesis that adds to the body of knowledge in their field. The qualification is accessible in a wide range of disciplines and academic sectors.
What is part-time PhD and full-time PhD?
When studying full-time in the UK, a conventional PhD takes about four years to complete. The majority of PhD candidates reside at or near the university during their studies and do their thesis research in either a lab or an office setting.
Part-time PhD degrees are also accessible for students who want to work while finishing their thesis or who have other job and personal obligations. Part-time PhDs can last up to seven years and are available at most universities.Throughout, you will have access to the university’s facilities and assistance.If you find that studying for a PhD part-time isn’t working out for you, you can register as a full-time PhD student.
List of Phd courses:
Popular PhD courses in Humanities:
- PhD in Humanities
- PhD Economics
- PhD Geography
- PhD in Social Work
- PhD in English
- PhD in Social Sciences
- PhD in Public and Economic Policy
- PhD in Humanities & Social Sciences
- PhD in Humanities and Life Sciences
- PhD in Psychology
- PhD in Arts
- PhD in International Relations and Politics
- PhD in Physiology
- PhD in Public Policy
- PhD in Literature
Popular PhD Courses in Science:
- PhD in Chemistry
- PhD in Clinical Research
- PhD in Science
- PhD in Bioscience
- PhD in Bioinformatics
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD in Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- PhD in Environmental Science and Engineering
- PhD in Applied Chemistry & Polymer Technology
- PhD in Applied Sciences
- PhD Zoology
- PhD in Physics
- PhD in Basic and Applied Sciences
- Phd in Mathematics
- PhD in Zoology
Popular PhD Courses in Commerce:
- PhD in Commerce Management
- PhD in Accounting and Financial Management
Popular PhD Courses in Engineering:
- PhD in Engineering
- PhD in Genetic Engineering
- PhD in Civil Engineering
- PhD Program in Quantitative Techniques
- PhD in Engineering and Technology
- PhD Electronics & Communication Engineering
- PhD Computer Science Engineering
- PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- PhD in Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering
- PhD in Information Technology
- PhD in Ceramic Engineering
- PhD in Production Engineering
- PhD in Marine Biotechnology
- PhD in Chemical Engineering
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
Popular PhD Courses in Business & Management:
- PhD Business Administration
- PhD in Management
- PhD in Aviation Management
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- PhD in Accounting and Financial Management
- PhD in Marketing/ Brand Management
- PhD in Commerce
- PhD in Commerce and Management
Popular PhD Courses in Law:
- PhD in Law
- PhD in Constitutional Law
- PhD in Law and Governance
Popular PhD Courses in Teaching & Education:
- PhD in Education
- PhD in Teaching
- PhD English
- PhD Economics
- PhD History
- PhD hindi
- PhD sociology
- PhD Political science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Geography
- PhD Tamil
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Social Work
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Humanities and social Science
- PhD Music
- PhD Urdu
- PhD Public Administration
- PhD Social Sciences
- PhD in Arts
- PhD in fine Arts
- PhD in Management Studies
- PhD in Marketing
- PhD in Business Administration
- PhD in Finance
- PhD in HR Management
- PhD in Business Management
- PhD in Operation Management
- Fellow Program in Management
- Phil in Management Studies
- Phil in Management
PhD admission 2022:
PhD admissions for the academic year 2022 are presently available at a number of India’s major PhD schools, including XIMB, IIMA, and others. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will hold an entrance test for PhD admission to IGNOU in 2022; the deadline to apply is December 18, 2021. The deadline to apply for a PhD in Management at IIM Ahmedabad is January 17, 2022. The National Institute of Fashion Technology also accepts PhD applications. Interested individuals can apply for the position until January 17, 2022.
PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is a three-year research degree that focuses on humanities/arts, science, engineering, management, pharmacy, mass communication, law, and commerce, among other fields.
- A two-year Master’s OR M.Phil degree in the appropriate discipline from an authorised Indian or foreign university is usually the minimum requirement for admission to a Ph.D programme. She or he must have received a Master’s or M.Phil degree with a minimum of 55 percent or equivalent grade (applicable for all PhD programmes except in Engineering and Technology).
- Applicants who have successfully finished their first year degree course (Undergraduate course) by 04/June/1986, regardless of duration, will be considered in the same manner as those who have completed a three-year first degree course. Those with a two-year first degree who enrolled in this course after June 4, 1986 will be forced to do a one-year bridging course. On the 17th of August, 2015, the UGC issued a notice.
- Applicants with an M. Tech / M.E./M.S. degree in relevant fields and an exceptional academic record with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10-point scale or equivalent or 60% marks in Xth, XIIth, and B.Tech/B.E. will be considered for admission to Ph.D. programmes in Engineering and Technology.
- For a Ph.D. in law, the candidate must have a Master’s degree in law with a minimum of 55 percent or equivalent grade or a Master’s degree in law with a comparable grade.
- Applicants having a least 55 percent or equivalent grade in Chartered Accountancy (CA) from ‘The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India’ (ICAI)/ Cost and Work Accountancy of ICWAI/ Company Secretary of ICSI may be considered qualified for admission to Ph.D. programs in the appropriate discipline.
- Applicants having a Masters’ degree from a foreign university must submit an AIU equivalency certificate with their Online Application Form.
PhD Entrance Exams:
|Name of entrance test||CONDUCTED BY|
|UGC Net Exam||NTA|
|CSIR-UGC NET exam||NTA|
NCBS Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) National Centre for Biological Sciences Bangalore
|DBT JRF Biotech Entrance Test||Department of Biotechnology|
- Decision sciences (decision theory and decision analysis)
- Ethics and legal studies.
- Health care management.
- People management or Human Resource management.
Top PhD jobs:
- Political Science
- Postsecondary Education Administrator
- Atmospheric Scientist
- Medical Scientist
- Genetic Counselor
- Postsecondary Teacher
PhD courses Fees:
|Full form||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Eligibility||Post Graduate or equivalent|
|Fee Offered||5,0000 to 1000,000 per year|
Online PhD courses:
- Administration Studies
- Health Care
- Architecture Studies
- Humanities Studies
- Art Studies
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Business Studies
- Law Studies
- Design Studies
- Life Sciences
- Economic Studies
- Management Studies
- Marketing Studies
- Energy Studies
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering Studies
- Performing Arts
- Environmental Studies
- Professional Studies
- Food and Beverage Studies
- Social Sciences
- General Studies
- Technology Studies
- Sustainability Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality
Top PhD Universities:
|AIIMS Delhi – All India Institute of Medical Sciences New|
|SRM University Chennai – SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|JMI New Delhi – Jamia Millia Islamia|
|IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology|
|LPU Jalandhar – Lovely Professional University|
|IGNOU Delhi – Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|MSU Baroda – Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Christ University, Bangalore|
|Jadavpur University, Kolkata|
|IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Management|
|NLSIU Bangalore – National Law School of India University|
|IIST Thiruvananthapuram – Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology|
|IISc Bangalore – Indian Institute of Science|
|ICT Mumbai – Institute of Chemical Technology|
|IIM Bangalore – Indian Institute of Management|
|Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi|
|NIT Trichy – National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli|
|IIT Delhi – Indian Institute of Technology|
|REVA University, Bangalore|
|University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad|
|NLU Delhi – National Law University|
|Paper I (Research)||Paper-II (optional)|
|Data collection and organization||Advanced course in logic|
|Introduction to research methodology||Advanced course in formal methods|
|Principles of thesis preparation||Advanced course in philosophy of science|
|Research tools and studies||Philosophy of statistics|
This for the only philosophy syllabus. Candidates who want other courses syllabus must visit the best college or university website and check there.
- Analysis & Problem-Solving.
- Interpersonal & Leadership Skills.
- Project Management & Organization.
- Research & Information Management.
- Self-Management & Work Habits.
- Written & Oral Communication.
- Academic Ability.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Time Management.
- Open-mindedness and Curiosity to Learn Something New.
- Ability to Think.
|Why should we apply for a PhD program in 2022?|
|In India, a PhD is a highly regarded degree. Earning a PhD degree is beneficial to applicants since it increases their compensation and allows them to advance in their careers, especially if they are in the teaching area.|
|What is the process for applying for a PhD in 2022?|
|There are two ways to apply for a PhD. Some institutions provide PhD Admission 2022 on the basis of merit, which means that admission is based on the candidates’ PG degree marks. The other is based on entry, in which students are admitted depending on their performance in the entrance exam.|
|Is there a minimum age requirement for a PhD programme?|
|For PhD programmes, there is no set age restriction. It can be undertaken at any age as long as the individual meets the qualifying requirements.|
|What is a Direct PhD, exactly?|
|A direct PhD is a programme that can be started right after you finish your B.Tech. It is not necessary to have a master’s degree. It is primarily designed for students interested in pursuing a career in research. It is currently available at IITs such as IIT Madras.|
|Is it appropriate to pursue a straight PhD in India? Is it possible for a candidate to apply for an associate professor position in India after that?|
|In India, a direct PhD is offered. However, if a candidate chooses to pursue a career as a teacher, the traditional PhD programme, rather than the straight PhD programme, will be the best alternative.|