Bachelor of Architecture is a five-year undergraduate degree that may be started after completing Class 12 with a minimum of 50% grades. The goal of this course is to develop licenced and professional architects who are capable of working on both private and public projects.Admissions to B.Arch institutes such as the School of Planning and Architecture, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, and others are determined by a variety of admission tests such as NATA, CEED, JEE Advanced, KIITEE, and others.This course covers a variety of topics from the humanities, engineering, aesthetics, and other fields. The B.Arch curriculum includes theoretical classes, studio work, project work, practical training, and research training.
The average cost of a B.Arch programme is between INR 2,00,000 and INR 4,00,000. Over the next ten years, global employment in architecture is expected to expand at a rate of 3%.
B.Arch Course Details:
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Architecture|
|Duration||[B.Arch] is of 5 Years.|
|Age Between||Minimum age limit is 17 years|
|Eligibility||50% in 10+2 from a recognised board|
|Course Fees||INR 2 – 6 LPA|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 – 5.5 LPA|
|Senior Project Architect, Intern Architect, Project Manager – Architecture, Landscape Architect, Urban Planner,Design Architect, Architect (but not Landscape or Naval), Project Architect etc.|
Admission to the B.Arch programme begins with a review of the course’s eligibility requirements, which include graduating the 12th grade with high grades in physics, chemistry, and arithmetic, as well as a passing percentage in the NATA / JEE main-2 examinations as required by the university. Because a bachelor of architecture is such a prominent degree, it enables for further study or post-graduation for people who want specialised knowledge.
To avoid further rejection, the B.Arch admissions procedure begins with the student confirming their eligibility criteria, which include having completed 12th grade and passing the requisite entry tests. The cut-off for them would differ depending on the college chosen, the category to which they belong, and so on. Following the completion of the entrance examination and the announcement of the results, universities and colleges will announce their cut-offs in order to begin the admissions process. Despite the fact that the admissions procedure differs from one college to the next.
Entrance Tests are required for admission to the B.Arch programme, which are evaluated on a nationwide basis. It is good for a period of two years. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Logical Reasoning, and General Aptitude are the key courses or themes. The examinations are as follows:
Entrance Exam Preparation:
- The knowledge given in prior sessions, as well as some basic sketching abilities, are required for B.Arch entrance examinations (mainly NATA, JEE). It is primarily generic, however it does include several fundamental criteria that students should review before attempting, such as:
- Aspirants must have completed a 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the topics.
- The majority of the questions in the exam are intellectual in nature, involving aptitude, maths, physics, and drawing abilities.
- Two of the most common B.Arch admission tests are the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). Colleges that offer this curriculum often accept the former. The AAT is an entrance test for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology’s architecture programmes (IITs).
How to Apply?
To obtain the application form, you must first visit the internet portal/offline network. After then, it must be filled. Because of covid, the only choice accessible right now is to go online. After that, the aspirant must upload/attach the appropriate papers in accordance with the standards and requirements. Then, if necessary, request for a loan and pay the cost if approved.
- Duly filled admission form [with passport size photo].
- Original Mark sheet of 12th [H.S.C.]
- Original T.C.
- Attested photocopies of H.S.C. Mark sheet-3 Copies.
- Attested photocopies of T.C.-3 Copies.
- Caste Certificate.
- Gap Certificate/Migration Certificate [if applicable].
- 2 passport size photos.
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Roorkee
- NIT Calicut
- CEPT University
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- NIT Tiruchirappalli
- School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
Subjects for Bachelor of Architecture:
The B.Arch curriculum is a five-year programme that includes both practical and theoretical study over the course of ten semesters. The entire course structure is made up of subjects, which aid in the development of design thinking, creativity, and logical structure thinking. Depending on the course modules, each college’s topics and subjects may differ.
- Visual Representation of Advanced Concepts
- Building Automation, Electrical, HVAC, and Fire Safety
- Climatology in Practice
- Introduction to Urban Planning and Design
- Architecture and Human Settlements in Late Medieval and Early Modern Times
- Lighting, ventilation, and acoustics are all important factors to consider.
- Sanitation & Water Supply
- Construction Materials and Techniques
- Arch in Architectural History and Theory.
- Masters in Urban Planning | Architect Masters.
- Masters in Urban Design.
- Masters in Urban Housing.
- Masters in Architecture | Architecture Masters.
- Arch. in Conservation and Restoration.
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant Manager
- Sales/Business Development Manager
- Architectural Assistant
- Architectural Historian/Journalist
- Art Director
- Building Contractor
- Landscape Architect
- Data Analyst
- Architecture Designer
- Architecture Engineer
- Interior Designer
- Architecture Draftsman
- Staff Consultant
An architect’s initial compensation ranges from Rs. 4 Lac to Rs. 5 Lac per year. Your pay will rise as you gain expertise in this sector. Candidates with more than 5 years of experience may expect to earn between Rs. 8 Lac and Rs. 10 Lac per year. In comparison to the government sector, the private sector pays well. Architects in the United States may expect to make roughly $95,000 per year. Your compensation will also be determined by your job title, employer, location, and previous work experience.
The B.Arch Distance Education programme is a five-year degree programme that covers all elements of architectural study. This programme is meant to create licenced and professional architects who are qualified to work on both private and public projects.IGNOU and Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University are two colleges that provide B.Arch distance education.
Top Distance Colleges:
- Academia Para La Education Profesional
- Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA)
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
B.Arch Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
|What is the Bachelor of Architecture Degree Program?|
The Bachelor of Architecture programme is designed to expose students to a variety of environments in order for them to have a better understanding of human habitation.
|Why should I enrol in a five-year programme?|
Architectural design is a multi-faceted profession that employs both creative and technical solutions to create a constructed environment. As a result, the Council of Architecture has established a five-year plan.
|What does an architect do for a living?|
|An architect’s tasks are as follows:|
· Goals and needs of the client are researched and analysed.
· Schemes and plans are created using two- and three-dimensional design principles.
· Materials, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment for construction selection and specification
|What is the minimal qualifying score for this course in the 10+2 examination?|
A candidate will be accepted to the architecture programme only if she or he has completed an examination at the conclusion of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, as well as a minimum of 50% marks in the 10+2 level examination.
|Will having my class 12 paper re-checked hurt my entrance chances?|
A resounding no. However, you must be qualified to apply after getting your final grades, and you must submit your final 12th grade mark sheet before the Merit List is revealed.