Bachelor of Technology (B Tech) is a four-year professional engineering degree offered to applicants who have completed four years of study in the discipline. Engineering is one of the most popular disciplines in India, with several colleges offering it to interested students.
JEE Main and JEE Advanced are the most prevalent BTech entrance tests for admissions. In addition to these national-level entrance tests, students can take a variety of state and private level entrance examinations to gain admission to the program. Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics is the minimum requirement for BTech. Every admission exam and institute, however, have extra requirements. Some institutes also provide merit-based admission to their programs, i.e.depending on students’ results in their class 12 board examinations
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Technology|
|Age Between||Age between 20 – 35 years.|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized board.|
|Course Fees||INR 2 to 5 lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 1 to 2.5 lakh|
|Job Positions||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Marine Engineer and many more.|
The following are the essential requirements for admission to any BTech program:
- Candidates must have completed the class 12 exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects from a recognized board.
- They must also have received a minimum of 60% in all of the aforementioned subjects combined.
- The majority of admissions decisions are made based on the student’s performance in the entrance exam.
- Please keep in mind that BTech qualifying standards differ from one institute to the next.
For admission to any institute, all BTech applicants must go through a comparable process. The following are the various phases of BTech admissions:
- For starters, BTech hopefuls must take and pass any of the entrance tests in order to get admitted to an institute.
- NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, and a number of other private institutions take national-level engineering admission tests like JEE Main. The JEE Advanced entrance test is used to get admission to IITs.
- B Tech Admissions are also done through state-level examinations such as WBJEE, KEAM, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET, MHT CET, and university/college level exams such as BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, UPESEAT, and others.
- Every year in April, May, and June, all engineering admission tests are held.
- The appropriate authorities have performed a counselling and seat assignment process following the announcement of each exam’s results. During counselling, students must select a college and courses based on their academic standing.
- After being assigned a seat, each student must go to the engineering college to finish the admissions process.
- JEE Main is a national entrance test for BTech admissions to NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs. It is administered by the National Testing Agency. Paper 1 (BE/BTech) and Paper 2 (BArch/BPlan) are the two papers in JEE Main.
- JEE Advanced is a national-level entrance test for IIT BTech admissions. To take JEE Advanced, students must first pass JEE Main.
- VITEEE – One of the most popular private institute entrance exams, VITEEE admits students to Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) and its multiple campuses’ BTech programmes.
- MHT CET – Through MHT CET, students can apply for BTech admissions into the BTech institutes of the Maharashtra state.
- TS EAMCET – TS EAMCET offers admissions to students in the Telangana state institutes on the basis of their scores in the entrance examination.
Entrance Exams Syllabus:
The syllabus for all B. Tech entrance exams is largely the same; it includes mostly of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, and Aptitude.
How to Apply?
The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for direct admission to a BTech. IT course:
Step 1: Students must complete an online application form in accordance with their eligibility.
Step 2: The college’s official website will post the cutoff list.
Step 3: Students will be invited for a Personal Interview Round, during which they will be asked any subject-related questions.
Step 4: Candidates who have been shortlisted will be given admission to the programme.
- Marksheet of Std.
- Score Card of JEE
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Certificate of Indian Nationality of the candidate (Birth Certificate or Passport)
- Physical Fitness Certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner (registered doctor)
|IIT Madras – Indian Institute of Technology|
|IIT Delhi – Indian Institute of Technology|
|IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology|
|IIT Kanpur – Indian Institute of Technology|
|IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology|
|IIT Roorkee – Indian Institute of Technology|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad|
|NIT Trichy – National Institute of Technology|
|National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal|
|Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), Dhanbad|
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Tool Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Short-term certificate courses in Graphic Designing, Web Designing
- C, C++, SQL, HTML and Other Programming Languages
- PG Diploma in Digital Marketing
- Software Testing
Future Job Scope:
- Computer Science Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Ceramic Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Electronics & Communication Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Software Develop
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Product Manager
- Marine Engineer
- Construction Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Telecommunication Engineer
|Software Developer||INR 2,50,000|
|Testing Engineer||INR 3,20,000|
|IT Coordinator||INR 2,40,000|
|System Analyst||INR 3,50,000|
|Applications Developer||INR 3,20,000|
|IT Technical Content Developer||INR 3,80,000|
Bachelor of Technology in Distance Education (B. Tech. in Distance Education) is a four-year professional engineering degree programme. Students enrolled in the B.Tech. in Distance Education programme will obtain thorough engineering knowledge and practical experience through projects, coursework, internships, and other activities. Mechanical engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, information technology, electronics & communications engineering, and other streams of B.Tech distance education courses are available.
Distance learning for B.Tech is a terrific option to get a degree in technology or engineering from anywhere in the globe. CIIS is a top distant education college that offers B.Tech via distance education.
|IIMT Studies- International Institute|
|AMU – Aligarh Muslim University|
|Zakir Husain College of Engineering and Technology|
|IIMT Studies- International Institut|
|Jayam Institution University Study Center|
|Balaji Distance and Online Education Centre|
|Mumbai Education Club|
|KL Deemed to be University|
|Aaruhi Institute Bangalore|
|Global Shiksha Institute|
|What is the main difference between a bachelor’s degree in technology and a bachelor’s degree in engineering?|
|A Bachelor of Engineering (BE) program is more theoretical in nature, whereas a Bachelor of Technology (BTech) study is more practical. The main distinction between these two-degree programs is in the course material offered and the program’s orientation.|
|What can I do if I have a Bachelor of Technology (BTech) degree?|
|B.Tech graduates can work as Software Developers, Information Technology Consultants, Computer Forensic Analysts, Information Technology Business Analysts, and Computer Network Architects, among other disciplines.|
|What are the requirements for BE/BTech?|
|Candidates must have completed the Class 12 exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects from a recognized board. They must have received a minimum of 60 percent in all of the topics listed above.|
|What are the various career profiles available to BTech graduates?|
|The majority of BTech graduates are employed in technological domains. Candidates with a BTech degree may work in practically every industry in India, and they can also work as consultants, subject matter experts, researchers, and managers.|
|What are the greatest options for a profession after completing a B Tech in CSE?|
|Data Analyst, Software Developer, Networking Engineer, Database Administrator, Testing Engineer, Game Developer, and Information Security Specialist are just a few of the professional opportunities available to a CSE BTech graduate.|
|What does a B Tech in information technology entail?|
|The field of computers and technology is the emphasis of the BTech in IT (Information Technology). In this regard, it varies from Computer Science Engineering in that BTech students are required to master management and information theory. It provides a comprehensive examination of programming and computer software.|
|Which branch of BTech has the most potential?|
|Mechanical engineering is the most popular branch of engineering, followed by computer science, electrical engineering, and civil engineering. Chemical, Biotechnology, Aeronautical, Industrial, Instrumentation, Marine, and other engineering areas also have a promising future.|
|Is BTech a good option?|
|Yes, BTech is an excellent choice and programme for those who are both creative and technical. It also opens up a lot of doors for you in terms of your career.|