Unani Medicine has been practiced for over 6000 years. The four components of the system are the foundation of Unani medicine. Fire, water, earth, and air are all part of it. Unani is built on four comedy concepts. It contains blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile in human body. Infertility, vitiligo, diabetes, kidney stones, and a variety of other ailments can all be treated using Unani medications. A Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is an undergraduate curriculum that leads to a variety of professional options in the field of Unani medicine. Professor, therapist, Unani consultant, pharmacist, and a variety of other positions are available to B.U.M.S. graduates.
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery|
|Age Between||17 – 23 years.|
|Eligibility||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as the core subjects.|
|Course Fees||Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 6,50,000|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs.200,000 to Rs. 1,200,000 per annum|
|Job Positions||Scientist, Consultant, Pharmacist, Therapist, Drug Inspector, Medical Assistant, Professor etc.|
- Students must have finished 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as main courses, and a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- To be considered, the candidate must be at least 17 years old.
- Candidates must be in excellent health because they may be submitted to medical exams prior to admission.
- Candidates must also pass medical entrance exams held at the state or national level in order to get admitted to premier universities.
- The candidate will have an advantage if he or she learns Urdu in school.
NEET, Combined Pre-Ayush Test (CPAT), CPMEE, KEAM, and other national or state-level medical entrance exams are used to get admission to BUMS. Some medical schools have their own admission exams to assess candidates’ knowledge. On the college’s official web pages, you can find out all you need to know about admission and the entrance exam.
Candidates who received a 50 percent or above average in 10+2 are eligible for the BUMS program. Between February and March, application forms for medical admission examinations are often published. The admission test is a multiple-choice exam that includes questions from physics, biology, and chemistry.
Entrance Exams Syllabus:
- The BUMS programme lasts four and a half years, followed by a one-year mandatory internship. Exams for this programme are held once a year. This course does not have any online or distant learning options.
- Students learn about all of the procedures and processes involved in Unani Medicine through the BUMS course learning framework. The BUMS Course entrance exams covers subjects such as Regimental Therapy (ilaj bit Tadbeer), Cauterization, Purging (ilaj bit Dawa), Surgery (Jarahat), Venesection, Massage, Emesis (ilaj bil Ghiza), Dietotherapy (ilaj bit Dawa), and more.
How to Apply?
- The candidate must generate his or her own login ID and password.
- Go to the university’s official website and log in.
- Complete all relevant fields and submit all required papers.
- Pay the application fee through debit card, credit card, or net banking after uploading all needed papers.
- Select the submit option.
- These are the steps that candidates must take, and they are generally the same at most universities.
- Mark sheet and pass certificate of your Class X or XII examination.
- Proof of date of birth.
- School leaving certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate/ residential proof or certificate
- Provisional certificate
- Character certificate
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Caste certificates
- Proof of disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate
|Jamia Tibbiya Deoband, Saharanpur|
|Aligarh Unani Ayurvedic Medical College & ACN Hospital, Aligarh|
|Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh|
|Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur|
|Sanskriti University, Mathura|
|Glocal University, Saharanpur|
|Deoband Unani Medical College, Saharanpur|
|Eram Unani Medical College and Hospital, Lucknow|
|Allama Iqbal Unani Medical College, Muzaffarnagar|
|Jamia Hamdard University|
|Ayurvedic and Unani Tibbia College|
|Mohammadia Tibbia College, Malegaon|
|Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik|
|Jamia’s Ahmad Garib Unani Medical College, Nandurbar|
|Z.V.M. Unani Medical College and Hospital|
|Shivaji University, Kolhapur|
|Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada|
|Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College and Hospital, Gulbarga|
|Luqman Unani Medical College and Hospital, Bijapur|
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
- Arabic and Mantiq wa Falsafa
- Kulliyat Umoor E
- Tabiya Tahaffuzi wa Samaji Tib
- Tashreeh Ul Badan
- Ilmul Advia
- Munafe Ul Azha Mahiyatul Amraz
- Communication Skills
- Moalajat – I
- Ilmul Saidla wa Murakkaba
- Moalajat – II
- Tibbe Qanooni wa Ilmul Samoom
- Amraze Niswan
- Sareeriyat wa Usoole Ilaj
- Ilmul Qabalat wa Naumaulood
- Ilaj Bit Tadbeer Ilmul Jarahat
- Amraz-e-Atfal Ain, Uzn, Anaf, Halaq wa Asnan
In addition to this course, the following courses are offered in this field: Unani Medicine and Surgery Diploma Unani Medicine and Surgery Bachelor’s Degree Unani Medicine and Surgery Postgraduate Diploma as well as various master and Ph.D. level courses candidates can also do after completing this course.
Future Job Scope:
- Unani Distributor
- Drug Inspector
- Medical Assistant
|Medical Assistant||INR 4,00,000|
|Is it possible to receive a straight admission to the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery program?|
|Yes, admission to the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is granted on the basis of merit. Some private institutions grant admission to students depending on their 10+2 results. Colleges usually have a counseling session to conclude their applicant selection based on admission examination cut-off marks.|
|Is it possible to get a Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery via online or distance learning?|
|No, there is no online or distance learning option for the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery. Only the offline program is available at Medical Institutes.|
|Is it possible for me to continue my studies once I finish my Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery?|
|Yes, after obtaining a Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery, one can pursue higher study. Aspirants can pursue a master’s degree or a doctorate in a relevant field. After receiving a master’s degree, one might pursue a doctorate or research courses in the same subject to further their education.|
|For BUMS, how many marks need I acquire in NEET?|
|To be admitted to the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS), candidates must pass the NEET exam with a score of at least 300, while top-ranked institutes require a score of more than 400 or 450.|
|What is the cost of a Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery degree?|
|Depending on the college to which one desires to apply, the typical price for a Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 6,00,000.|
|Have we need to do internships during our Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery programme?|
|Yes, the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery is a 4.5-year bachelor’s degree programme that includes at least a one-year required internship programme.|