Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a computer application undergraduate degree programme. With India’s rapidly growing IT industry, the demand for computer professionals is growing by the day. The growing IT sector has opened up a plethora of prospects for computer graduates.Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a popular programme among students interested in pursuing a career in IT (Information Technology). The course lasts three years and is divided into six semesters. Databases, networking, data structures, and essential programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘java’ are among the topics covered. This course gives students who are interested in the computer area and wish to work in as a programmer or software developer in the IT industry You may read this article to learn everything there is to know about the course and employment opportunities.
BCA Course Highlights:
|Full-Form||Bachelors in Computer Application|
|Age Between||No age limit|
|Eligibility||Class 12th pass from a recognised board|
|Course Fees||INR 70,000 – 2 Lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 – 8 Lakh|
|User Interface Design, UNIX Programming, Financial Management, Data Structures, Hardware Lab, Operating Systems, Database Management etc.|
Eligibility for BCA:
- Physics, Chemistry, and Math are not required courses in Class 12 to pursue a BCA degree. In reality, individuals who studied Arts or Commerce in class XII are eligible to enrol in the programme.
- The following are the basic criteria for enrolling in a BCA programme:
- Aspirants must have obtained a minimum of 45 to 55 percent in aggregate in Class 12 from any stream with English as a subject (the pass percentage might vary from college to college).
- Some schools and universities admit students on the basis of merit, while others admit students based on personal interviews and written exams.
Admission to a BCA programme is usually done by an entrance exam. For admittance to their colleges, several universities/institutions hold their own entrance exams. Some institutions admit students based on merit determined by the results of a qualifying examination (12th).
- IPU CET
- BVP BUMAT
Entrance Exam Syllabus:
- Along with traditional topics from the 12th grade, such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics, the entrance exam also assesses candidates’ English language abilities. Take a look at the brief descriptions of the topics listed below.
- Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Current Electricity, Gravity, Thermodynamics, Atomic Structure, Wave Oscillation, Bulk Matter Properties, Magnetic Effect, and so on are all covered in physics.
- Electrochemistry, Chemistry Fundamentals, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Chemistry Kinetics, Hydrogen, Equilibrium, State of Matter, Redox Reaction, Polymers, Chemical Bonding, Elements Classification, Biomolecules, and so on.
- Algebra, Sets – Functions & Relations, Mathematical Reasoning, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, and Vectors are some of the topics covered in mathematics.
- Idioms and Phrases, Fill in the Blanks, English Usage Errors, Comprehension, Rearranging Sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, and other topics in English are covered.
How to Apply For BCA Admission?
Candidates interested in applying for a BCA course must complete the BCA application form. The actions to take are as follows:
The first step is to register.
Candidates must go to the college/official university’s website to register for any BCA programme. Begin by filling out the registration form with information such as your name, phone number, and email address.
Step 2: Complete the Application
Candidates must fill out the form with their personal and academic information after registering.
Uploading Documents (Step 3)
Following that, candidates must provide scanned documents such as their 10th and 12th grade transcripts.
Step 4: Paying the Fee
Candidates must pay an application fee, which varies depending on the institution.
Step 5: Save a copy for later.
Finally, candidates should print a copy of their application form for future reference.
- Duly filled admission form [with passport size photo].
- Original Mark sheet of 12th [H.S.C.]
- Original T.C.
- Attested photocopies of H.S.C. Mark sheet-3 Copies.
- Attested photocopies of T.C.-3 Copies.
- Caste Certificate.
- Gap Certificate/Migration Certificate [if applicable].
- 2 passport size photos.
Top BCA Colleges 2022:
- Amity Institute of Information Technology
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
- Christ University, Bengaluru
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies
- Presidency College
- Fundamentals of Computers
- C Programming
- Operating Systems
- Multimedia Systems
- Understanding Organisational Behaviour
- Data and Database Management Systems
- Web-Based Application Development
- Computer Lab and Practical Work
- Masters in Computer Application.
- Masters in Information Management.
- Masters in Computer Management.
- Information Security Management.
- CISCO Certified Network Professional.
- Post Graduate Program in Corporate Studies.
- Master of Business Administration.
For a fresher, the IT profession is one of the top paid fields. In a large MNC, a computer specialist may easily obtain an initial package of Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month. Some IT behemoths, such as Google, Microsoft, Oracle, and Facebook, give a recent graduate a six-figure salary.
BCA in Distance:
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) remote education is quite popular in India. When studying from a distance or via correspondence, the curriculum takes between 3 and 6 years to finish. To take this course, you must have a 10+2 level of education. Admission to this distance learning course is often based on merit. The annual fees for BCA Distance Education range from INR 6,000 to INR 20,000.IGNOU, TNOU Chennai, Suresh Gyan Vihar University- Distance Education (SGVUDE), School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, and others are among the leading schools that offer the curriculum online.
Top Distance Colleges:
- IGNOU Distance
- University of Mumbai
- Chandigarh Distance University
- Bangalore University
- Annamalai Distance University
- ICFAI Distance
- Amity Distance University
- Jaipur National University Distance Education
- JECRC University
- Sikkim Manipal Distance University
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
|What exactly is a BCA course?|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is an undergraduate study that develops students’ understanding of computer languages. Students will be able to create a career in the field of Information Technology and Computer Applications after finishing this three-year study.|
|I completed my 10+2 in the Arts stream. Is BCA an option for me?|
|Of course. BCA admissions are open to candidates from any stream who have graduated from a recognised institution. Many institutes will need English as a compulsory subject for entrance.|
|What does BCA entail?|
|The need for BCA graduates is continually expanding due to the ever-increasing demand for technology. BCA graduates have the option of working for prominent IT firms or government agencies after graduation.|
|What is the difference between a BCA and a BTech degree?|
|While BCA is concerned with the study of computer applications, BTech in Computer Science Engineering is concerned with the education of students in computer engineering and hardware. Both courses are viable options to consider, depending on the students’ interests and professional ambitions.|
|Is BCA a simple course?|
|Students that are passionate about this topic may find the curriculum to be straightforward. The principles of computer applications, on the other hand, need a significant amount of research and attention.|
View this post on Instagram