Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) is an acronym for Bachelor of Physical Education. It is a bachelor’s degree in sports, sports science, counselling, and outdoor education. B.P.ed is a three-year programme that needs individuals to meet the 10+2 qualifying requirements. This programme is open to students who have achieved a minimum educational standard of 50% in 10+2. This academic subject covers the development of the human body as well as sports coaching. It is a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge.
Students who are interested in sports or who have demonstrated accomplishments are eligible for admission to the B.P.ed programme. Admission to this programme is based on either merit or a competitive admission exam. This course focuses on physical and mental health, as well as their knowledge. Students who have studied physical education in school are preferred candidates for the degree programme. Students who have competed at a state or national level are also considered.
B.P.Ed Course Highlight:
|Full-Form||Bachelor of Physical Education|
|Age Between||At least 17 years of age or above.|
|Eligibility||Candidates must have completed the 10+2 exams or have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised college or university.|
|Course Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 60,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 Lakhs to INR 5 Lakhs|
|Job Positions||A Gym trainer, soft skill trainer, yoga trainer, coach commentator, sports journalist, fitness in charge, Physical education teacher, sports trainer, personal trainer etc.|
B.P.Ed Eligibility Criteria:
- Students interested in enrolling in the course must complete the following requirements. Recognize that the course is available for various lengths of time, and so the eligibility varies depending on the length of the course.
- Students who have passed their 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 50% from any recognised board are eligible for a 3- to 4-year programme. The number changes depending on the college. In rare circumstances, the minimal grade in the 12th grade might be as high as 60%.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old to be considered for admission to the 3 to 4 year programmes.
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution or university with a minimum aggregate of 50% are eligible for 1- or 2-year courses. The required minimum percentage may differ from one college to the next. In rare circumstances, the minimal number might be as high as 60% or more.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 19 and 25 to be admitted to the 1 to 2 year programme.
- Aside from the aforementioned requirements, one must also pass the physical screening round andthe round of personal interviews held by the college or university
- One must also have some past athletic experience and should have competed in inter-college, inter-school, or individual sports events.
- Both male and female students are eligible for admission to the 1-2 year study, however certain universities favour male candidates.
B.P.Ed Admission Process:
In India, the admission procedure for the Bachelor of Physical Education can be completed either on-site at the campus or online. The admissions process for the course is solely based on the results of secondary and higher secondary school education. As a result, applicants must meet the Bachelor of Physical Education qualifying criterion, which is based on a combination of grades earned in their graduate degree programme.
B.P.Ed Entrance Exam:
Admission to the programme is granted either through an entrance exam or on the basis of merit. There may also be a round of physical screening. In the event of an entrance exam, the candidate’s test score and the score received in the physical screening phase are combined to generate a cumulative score.
The following are some of the most common entrance examinations used to get admission to the programme.
- UET BHU
- ITM NEST
- Dibrugarh University entrance exam
B.P.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus:
Knowing the most recent exam format is one of the most crucial components in succeeding in any admission exam. As a result, in order to get a firm understanding of the test format, one need conduct extensive study. Aside from that, one should be familiar with the entire admission exam material. Almost all entrance tests for admission to the B.P.Ed degree programme include four portions.
- General aptitude and logical reasoning
- General knowledge and current affairs
- General English
- Basic science
How to Apply?
Those interested in studying Bachelor of Physical Education can apply for the degree either online or offline. The candidates for the B.P.Ed programme are chosen based on their grades in secondary and higher secondary education. Aspirants can apply for the Bachelor of Physical Education programme by obtaining an application form from the university’s or college’s website. Aspirants will be invited to appear for a written exam, a personal interview, a group discussion, and counselling after completing an application form at the college or institution.
- Attach photo copies of following documents:
- 10+2 pass marksheet.
- Marksheet of I, II, III year
- College leaving certificate
- Caste certificate for Reserve category candidates
- Medical certificate (duly filled by M.B.B.S. Doctor)
- No objection Certificate from Employer, if in service.
- Sports proficiency certificate
- Three recent passport size colour photograph
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Date of birth certificate
Top B.P.Ed. Colleges in India 2022:
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Integral University, Lucknow
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- LPU Jalandhar – Lovely Professional University
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- BHU Varanasi – Banaras Hindu University.
B.P.Ed Course Subjects:
- Theory Subjects
- Fundamental Of Athletic And Games-ii Kinesiology And Biomechanics
- Professional Communication Skills-i
- Measurement And Evaluation In Physical Education
- Sports Management
- Sports Law
- Sports Training Sports Medicine Physiotherapy And Rehabilitation
- Recreation, Camping, Play And Leadership Training
- Applied Computer Education And Statistics In Physical Education
- Fundamental Of Athletic And Games-i Intramural-iii
- Health Education And Environmental Studies
- Professional Communication Skills-ii
- Research And Statistics In Physical Education
- Sports Psychology And Sociology
- Sports Nutrition And Fitness Management
- Theory Of Games And Sports
- Teaching Practice-i
- Fundamental Of Athletic And Games-ii Kinesiology And Biomechanics
- Anatomy And Physiology
- Organization And Administration
- Calisthenic And Indigenous Games
- Advances In Athletic And Games-i
- History And Foundation Of Physical Education
- Curriculum Design And Pedagogy
- Foundations Of Physical Education
- Educational Technology And Methods Of Teaching In Physical Education
- Practical Subjects
- Yoga Education Laboratory
- Track And Field Soft Skills
- Sports Medicine Physiotherapy And Rehabilitation Laboratory
- Weight Training, Weight Lifting, Power Lifting And Best Physique
- Table Tennis
- Sports Goods Manufacturing and Marketing Executive.
- Sports Trainer.
- Sports Journalist.
- Soft Skill Trainer.
- Physical Education Teacher.
- Gym Trainer.
- Umpire/ Referee.
Job Scope for Bachelor of Physical Education:
Graduates of the Bachelor of Physical Education degree programme can find work in a variety of reputable private and public organisations in India and overseas. After a Bachelor of Physical Education beginning pay, the average income for graduates in India for a Bachelor of Physical Education profession is about INR 5 LPA. The following are some of the finest career opportunities for Bachelor of Physical Education Freshers:
- School Trainer
- Gym Trainer
- Healthcare Administrator
- Health Informatics Specialist
For candidates with experience, some of the greatest Bachelor of Physical Education job titles include:
- Fitness Trainer
- Sports Teacher
- Sports Journalist
- Assistant Environmental Scientist
- Olympic Coach
Average Salary for Bachelor of Physical Education:
|Physical Education Teacher :||INR 30K|
|Sports Trainer :||INR 25K|
|Gym Trainer :||INR 30K|
|Fitness In-Charge :||INR 80K|
|Yoga Trainer :||INR 90K|
B.P.Ed Distance course:
When a person is unable to follow a preferred course through traditional learning for a variety of reasons, distance learning comes to the rescue. Distance education is an option for those interested in pursuing a B.P.Ed. In distance or correspondence mode, students must verify the authenticity of the course and the college.
Students must complete their 10+2 examinations from a recognised board in order to be eligible for this correspondence course. Students holding a bachelor’s degree must have received a minimum of 50% on all of their degree examinations to be eligible.
The least time necessary to finish this course via distance learning is two years, and the maximum time required is five years.
The results acquired in the qualifying tests are used to determine admission to the B.P.Ed programme via correspondence mode.
The annual price for the training varies between INR 10,000 and INR 50,000.
B.P.Ed Distance Universities:
- University Of Lucknow
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Vinayaka missions university
- SGGS Khalsa college
- Chandigarh university
- Lakshmibai national institute of physical education(LNIPE)
- Lovely Professional University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Chaudhary Charan Singh university
- Amity university
|What is the average cost of a B.P.Ed. degree?|
|The typical B.P.Ed. fee is between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 60,000.|
|What are the employment options for B.P.Ed. graduates?|
After earning a B.P.Ed., you have a variety of professional options. Recreation therapists, fitness trainers, fitness coaches, sports coaches, gym trainers, physical education teachers, and rehabilitation therapists are all possible careers.
|What is the minimal educational need for enrolling in a B.P.Ed. programme?|
Candidates must have completed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised board. Students who studied physical education in 10+2 are given preference.
|How long does a B.P.Ed degree last?|
The length of a B.Ed. degree varies depending on the college. In some universities, the B.P.Ed. programme lasts three years, whereas in others, it lasts four years.
|What additional physical education courses are there?|
There are more undergraduate courses in physical education than bachelor of physical education. It consists of a bachelor’s degree in physical education, a bachelor’s degree in physical education, a bachelor’s degree in physical education, and a diploma in physical education.