What is a Foreign language?
A foreign language is one that originated in a nation other than the speakers. There must, however, be a clear difference made between foreign and second languages. It is also a language that is not spoken in the person’s original country; for example, an English speaker residing in Spain might claim that Spanish is a foreign language to him. However, these two definitions do not exhaust the range of possibilities, and the name is sometimes applied in ways that are either misleading or factually incorrect. Bilingual or multilingual children are those that learn more than one language from birth or at an early age. These children have two, three, or even four mother tongues.Even though one of the languages is a foreign language to the great majority of people in the kid’s native nation, neither language is foreign to that youngster. A youngster studying English from his English father and Irish at school in Ireland, for example, can communicate in both languages, but neither is a foreign language to him. Due to the fact that India, South Africa, and Canada all have many official languages, this is a typical occurrence. In general, children are seen to have an edge over adults when it comes to learning a foreign language. Adult students, on the other hand, have been demonstrated to be better at acquiring a foreign language than children in studies. It’s because grownups have a better understanding of how language works and are better at it.
List of Foreign language Courses:
- Certificate Level Foreign Language Courses
- Diploma in Foreign Language Courses
- Undergraduate Foreign Language Courses
- Postgraduate Foreign Language Courses
Certificate Foreign language Courses:
- Certificate Course in Portuguese
- Certificate Course in Arabic
- Certificate Course in French
- Russian as a Foreign Language Course
- Italian Language and Culture
- Spanish for Beginners
- First Step Korean
- Chinese for Beginners Course
- The Complete Russian Language Course Udemy
- Intermediate Spanish Course
Diploma in Foreign language Courses:
- Diploma in German
- Diploma in French
- Diploma in Russian
- Diploma in Japanese
- Diploma in Italian
Undergraduate Foreign language Courses:
- BA Foreign Languages
- BA in Urdu
- BA in French
- BA in Persian
Postgraduate Foreign language Courses:
- MA in French
- MA in Chinese
- MA in Spanish
- MA European Studies
- MA in German Studies
Foreign language Admission 2022:
Foreign Language all degree students are mostly chosen based on their academic scores or unique admission tests held by a few institutes, such as JNU Entrance, which is held once a year.
Admission on the basis of merit
- With any background, the undergraduate degree is admitted on the basis of the Class 12 Boards Examination.
- Candidates must submit CISCE, CBSE, or any other state board’s XII boards.
- The minimum combined score of 10+2 should be 50%.
- Also, the minimum score of undergraduate should be 50%.
Admission is based on an entrance exam
- In the all Foreign Language program, only a few schools provide admission based on an entrance exam.
- It is necessary to keep up to date on the notification of the following BA Foreign Language Colleges in case of entrance tests.
- The qualifying criteria for the all Foreign Language program apply to both merit-based and entrance-based exams. The following are the minimal requirements for this course.
- To be eligible for direct admission or to sit for the entrance tests, candidates must have completed their 10+2 with a good grade.
- BA The last qualifying test, which consists of 12 boards, is used to determine foreign language selection.
- In any combination of topics, a minimum aggregate of 50% is required.
Foreign language Entrance Exams:
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT)
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
Foreign language Specializations:
- Be familiar with current events and travel to other countries.
- Undertake work/study in the country where the target language is spoken.
- Become more fluent by reading books, and using tapes and videos.
- Network and attend job fairs.
- Obtain certification to teach.
- Develop business skills to complement language skills.
- Work in an international company based in the U.S.
- Consult a directory of foreign firms based in the U. S.
- Consult a directory of U. S. firms abroad.
Top Job Prospects:
- Foreign Exchange Trader
- Foreign Service Officer
- Tour Organizer
- Foreign Service Peacekeeping
- Foreign Service Specialist
- Travel Agent
Foreign language Courses Fees:
|The Complete Russian Language Course||INR 2,560|
|Intermediate Spanish Course||INR 1,280|
|Certificate Course in French||INR 8,500|
|Certificate Course in Portuguese||INR 21,000|
Online Foreign language Courses:
- Mango Languages
Foreign language Distance Education:
- The efficacy of teaching language skills, technology elements of language teaching, and autonomous learning are all hot topics in remote language education research. Sole and Hopkins (2007), for example, compare two methods to distant language learning based on the provision of practise in four language skills, the development of suitable evaluation mechanisms, and the input of learners to the educational setting.
- They compare and contrast the remote learning philosophies of two colleges, pointing out certain parallels and contrasts.
- They conclude that each university offers high-quality language courses to students; but, institutions interested in offering remote language courses should examine the medium and long-term implications of technology.
- Lampert (1991) also highlights a lack of innovative growth in online language courses, claiming that individual language learning demands are still satisfied. To compensate for these shortcomings, he believes that higher-level skill training should be prioritized, more adaptable modules should be developed, and less typically taught subjects should be included in distance education programs.
Top Foreign language Universities:
|JMI New Delhi – Jamia Millia Islamia|
|BHU Varanasi – Banaras Hindu University|
|Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune|
|JNU Delhi – Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Manipal University (MAHE) – Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
|Visva Bharati University – Visva-Bharati|
|DU Delhi – University of Delhi|
|Madras University – University of Madras|
|University of Rajasthan, Jaipur|
|Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata|
|Doon University, Dehradun|
|English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad|
|Central University of Jharkhand, Ranchi|
|Magadh University, Bodhgaya|
Foreign language Syllabus:
A bachelor’s degree in foreign language provides both practical and academic understanding. Compétences Langagières à l’Oral Français, Compétences Langagières à L’Écrit, Un Aperçu Sur Les Aspects Historiques Et Géographiques De La France, Introduction La Littérature Française, and other Bachelor of Arts Foreign Language subjects include Compétences Langagières à l’Oral Français, Compétences Langagières à L’Écrit, Un Aperçu Sur Les Aspects Historiques Et Géograph Both optional and core courses are covered in this course.This is only for one, if students more know about other courses syllabus, please visit the university website and check there.
The following are some of the BA Foreign Languages subjects:
- Grammaire Communicative
- Environmental Studies
- French Languages for Specific Purpose
- History of France
Foreign language Courses: Skills Required:
Listening, reading, speaking, and writing are the four key abilities that a foreign language student must master. These are the abilities that a student will have learned or not when the foreign-language classroom games, cultural activities, and puzzles are completed.
Foreign language Courses: FAQs:
|Is it worthwhile to learn a foreign language?|
|Learning languages has several cognitive benefits that are evident. People who know many languages have higher memory, problem-solving, and critical-thinking abilities, as well as greater attention, multitasking ability, and listening skills.|
|What capabilities can learning a foreign language provide you with?|
|Language acquisition has been found to increase cognitive performance in students, including but not limited to:|
· Improved problem-solving abilities.
· Verbal and spatial abilities have improved.
· Improved Memory Skills (long & short-term)
· Increased ability to think creatively.
· Improved memory.
· Thinking that is more adaptable and creative.
|Which foreign language is the most lucrative?|
|Chinese (Mandarin) is the highest-paid of all the foreign languages gaining traction in the sector. A person who speaks Chinese can earn up to Rs. Million each year.|
|What advantages does learning a foreign language provide in terms of advancing one’s career?|
|Language abilities may be the gift that keeps on giving in the workplace: Being able to communicate, explain, and negotiate in another language promotes your employability, boosts your confidence, and may result in a higher compensation.|
|What are the benefits and drawbacks of learning a new language?|
|The Benefits and Drawbacks of Learning Multiple Languages at the Same Time|
· Pro: It allows you to think more clearly and quickly…
· Con: Learning two languages at the same time might be confusing.
· Pro: It takes less time…
· Con: There is less verbal communication.
· Pro: You’ll never be bored…
· Con: There are more languages, but there are fewer words.
· To summarise, there are more options in life.