What is Education?
Education may be defined as the transfer of a society’s ideals and acquired knowledge. It is comparable to what social scientists refer to as socialization or enculturation in this respect. Children are born without culture, whether they are conceived amid New Guinea tribespeople, Renaissance Florentines, or Manhattan’s middle classes. Education is intended to help them learn a culture, influence their behavior into maturity, and steer them toward their ultimate function in society. There is generally minimal formal learning in the most basic cultures—nothing of what we would call school, classrooms, or professors. Instead, many or all people function as instructors, and the entire environment and its activities are typically considered as school and classrooms. However, as societies become more complex, the amount of information to be passed down from one generation to the next exceeds what any single individual can comprehend, necessitating the development of more selective and effective systems of cultural transmission. The result is formal education, which consists of a school and a professional known as a teacher.
List of Education Courses:
- DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION [D.ED]
- DIPLOMA IN ELEMENTARY EDUCATION [D.EL.ED.]
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER TRAINING [ETT]
- DIPLOMA IN NURSERY TEACHER TRAINING [NTT]
- DIPLOMA IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- JUNIOR BASIC TRAINING [JBT]
- DIPLOMA IN TEACHER EDUCATION [D.T.ED]
Certificate Education Courses:
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) BLI
- Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) Microsoft
- Child Development Associate (CDA) CECPR
- First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor NSC
- Educational Certificate: K-12 (Ed:) RID
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) NCHEC
- Certificate to Teach English as a Foreign Language (CTEFL) WTDI
- Certified Professional – Human Resource (IPMA-CP) IPMA-HR
- Certified Secondary Culinary Educator (CSCE) ACF
- Certified Security Supervision & Management (CSS)
Diploma in Education Courses:
A two-year undergraduate diploma programme in education is known as a diploma in education. Students enrolling in the course have a variety of options for employment in academia, including teaching positions. Individuals who participate in the course will receive instruction in how to educate elementary school kids.
Postgraduate Education Courses:
Any higher education that follows a bachelor’s degree is referred to as postgraduate education. This is usually a prerequisite for admission to a postgraduate programme. In the United States, postgraduate education is known as ‘graduate education,’ and it is completed by a graduate student at a graduate school.
Education Admission 2022:
The fundamental eligibility conditions for the Diploma course are that the candidate must have completed their 12th grade in any subject, as well as a graduation or post-graduate degree from a recognised institution. If a student meets the minimal criteria of 50 percent weighted marks, he or she is eligible for admission to the D. ED programme.
In order to apply for admissions, candidates who are passionate about pursuing an education course provided by various institutions/universities must meet the qualifying criteria. The following are the undergraduate education course eligibility criteria:
- Educational Requirements: Candidates must have completed class 12 in any subject from a recognised board.
- Minimum Grade: Applicants seeking admission must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 50%.
- Candidates must pass the institute/entrance university’s exams to be considered for admission.
- It should be noted that the qualifying standards for each institute to which an applicant has applied for admission may change somewhat.
Education Entrance Exams:
|Army Institute of Education Common Written Admission Test (AIE CWAT)|
|Integrated Teacher Education Programme (NCTE ITEP)|
|Aryabhatta Knowledge University B.Ed Entrance Test (AKU B.Ed)|
|BNMU M.Ed Entrance Exam|
|Bihar B.Ed CET|
|CG Pre B.Ed Exam|
|CG Pre D.Ed. Exam|
|DHE Pune BPEd / MPEd CET|
- Elementary Education
- Middle School
Top Job Prospects:
- Library technician. National average salary: $16.12 per hour.
- Special education teacher.
- Elementary school teacher.
- English as a second language teacher.
- Health educator.
- High school teacher.
- Guidance counselor.
- Learning and development coordinator.
Education Courses Fees:
|UG: B.Ed, BEIEd, BPEd, BA education||2-3 years||Rs 6,000-1,00,000|
|PG: MEd, MPEd, M.El.Ed, MA Education||2 years||Rs 10,000-60,000|
|Doctorate: PhD in education, EdD, Phd in elementary education, M.Phil in education||3-4 years||Rs 15,000-20,000|
Distant education, often known as distance learning, is the education of students who are not physically present at school all of the time. A distance learning program might be entirely online, or it can be a hybrid of online and traditional classroom training (called hybrid or blended).
Top Education Universities:
|Columbia University in the City of New York|
|American Intercontinental University|
|University of Pennsylvania|
|University of California – Los Angeles (UCLA)|
|University of Notre Dame|
|University of Virginia – Main Campus|
Perspectives in Education
- Childhood and Growing Up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Learning and Teaching
- Gender, School and Society
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Creating an Inclusive School
- Health, Yoga and Physical Education
Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies
- Language across the Curriculum
- Pedagogy of two School Subjects (Part I &II)
Engagement with the Field
- Engagement with the Field
- School Internship
- Courses on Enhancing Professional Capacities (EPC)
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts
- Arts in Education
- Understanding ICT and Its Application
- Understanding the Self
for other course syllabus, students go to the university website.
Education Courses: Skills Required:
- Critical thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Creative thinking abilities
- Leadership skills
- Capacity for teamwork
- Time management skills
Education Courses: FAQs
|What exactly is education, and why is it so crucial?|
|Many people associate education with schools and the preparation for a future job. From this vantage point, education may appear to be nothing more than a series of boxes to check: show up to class, understand the content, complete the homework, pass the test, and eventually, receive the certificate that gets you the job. This type of mechanical, almost transactional learning experience is all too frequent, and it reflects a misunderstanding of what it means to be an educator – or to be educated.|
|What types of jobs can you get if you have a degree in education?|
|Teachers are the most visible educational professionals we come across in our daily lives. Teaching can be an incredibly meaningful career path no matter what subject and level of student you want to work with, from your first kindergarten teachers who taught you how to share to college professors who helped you learn to interpret modern art to expert online instructors who help you learn to use data science at your job. It’s also a fairly popular profession: the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that over 3 million kindergarten, elementary, middle, and high school teachers work in the United States.|
|What types of online education courses are offered on Coursera?|
|Coursera is dedicated to increasing access to high-quality education, which includes making great courses and Specializations in education available from top-ranked institutions such as the University of Pennsylvania, University of Colorado Boulder, Arizona State University, and Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México. You can study broad themes like higher education and teacher education, as well as more specialist ones like educational technology and instructional design.|
|What educational subjects am I able to research?|
|If you’re a teacher who wants to make your classroom a safe and welcome place to study, look into themes like conflict resolution in the classroom, helping children learn to read and write, social and emotional learning, and positive psychology practises in the classroom. Topics oriented on self-improvement, such as organising and developing mindsets and skills, can also be beneficial to educators. Teaching methodologies and issues relating to teaching art with themes and engaging with art can be explored by museum educators.|