The abbreviation M.Tech stands for Master of Technology. MTech is a professional postgraduate engineering master’s degree programme granted to individuals after they have completed two years of engineering education. This degree is based on a specific engineering field.
The ME/MTech degree is available in India in a variety of specialities. Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, VLSI, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and others are among these specialities.
|Full-Form||Master of Technology|
|Age Between||21 – 35 years.|
|Eligibility||Bachelor of Technology|
|Course Fees||45,000 to 1 lakh per semester|
|Average Starting Salary||50,000 per month|
|Job Positions||Academics, Corporate, Research and Development etc.|
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- The admission exams should have been passed.
- Candidates with a Master of Science degree who have completed a five-year programme are also eligible to apply for the Master of Technology programme.
- Tech Part-Time Program Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have received a minimum of 55 percent in their B.Tech/B.E programme.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in the relevant sector from a reputable firm/company/industry, or research/governmental organisation.
- Before applying for admission, candidates should examine each institute’s qualifying requirements.
The majority of institutes give admission based on a candidate’s performance in the GATE test, however several institutes have their own entrance exam. Candidates seeking admission to the M.Tech programme should be aware of the entrance examinations that the institute accepts. The following steps are usually included in the admissions process:
- Filling the application form
- Appear for the examination
- Declaration of result and preparation of the merit list
- Counselling & seat allocation
- Gujarat PGCET
- BITS HD Admission Test
- Karnataka PGCET
- TS PGECET
- AP PGECET
Entrance Exams Syllabus:
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
How to Apply?
- Candidates must first apply with their proper admission exam scores on the official website of the college they wish to attend.
- They must complete the application form and submit the required payments.
- On a specific day, the college authorities will produce a merit list in which the names of the shortlisted candidates will appear.
- Candidates who find themselves on that list must report to the institution, either online or in person.
- Final selection will be based on their performance in the WAT, PI, or GD interview.
BE or Equivalent Degree Mark Sheets and Pass Certificates: BE or Equivalent Degree Mark Sheets and Pass Certificates If the relevant examining body has not released a mark sheet, the mark sheet retrieved from the concerned examining body’s website shall be provided.
- Exam/Diploma mark papers from the XIIth grade.
- Date of Birth Proof (Xth certificate or Certificate issued at the time of birth).
- If admission is sought under the reserved category, the competent authorities will provide a caste certificate.
- For genuine Chhattisgarh resident status, a Domicile Certificate/Address Proof is required (for Chhattisgarh residents only).
- GATE score that is valid (if applicable)
- Photocopies of two passport-size photos (will be retained).
- DD/Cash/Cheque/Account deposit/ATM Swipe for Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand Only).
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)||Kanpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Madras)||Chennai|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||Mumbai|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)||Kharagpur|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Hyderabad|
|Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT)||Mumbai|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar||Ahmedabad|
|Indian Institute of Technology- Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi|
|Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) (ISM)||Dhanbad|
|PEC University of Technology||Chandigarh|
|Vellore Institute of Technology – VIT University||Vellore|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science – BITS||Pilani|
|Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI)||Mumbai|
- Chemical Engineering
- Process Control and Instrumentation Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Power Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Thermal Egineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- VLSI System Design
DOCTORAL DEGREE – If you are passionate about academics, a PhD is the natural next step following your M.Tech
ENTREPRENEURSHIP – If you have a master’s degree or a speciality, starting a business is a fantastic option.
Also, there are some MBA courses, candidates can pursue after M.Tech
- MBA Healthcare Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Banking
- MBA in Interior Designing
- MBA in Information Technology
- MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- MBA in Power Management
Future Job Scope:
- Computer Science Engineer
- Chief Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Executive Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Ceramic Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Software Developer
- Electronics Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Electronics and Communication Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
Candidates with a Master of Technology degree may expect to earn a starting salary of Rs. 50,000. However, as your experience grows, your entire compensation package will grow as well.
Now, let’s speak about distance. AICTE-approved M.Tech is one of the greatest courses a B.Tech graduate may take to advance their profession. This course curriculum will teach you a lot of new things because it is a higher-level B.Tech online course that covers advanced courses in the specialities.
M.Tech is a postgraduate programme in technology that is available to individuals who have completed their bachelor’s degree in technology and wish to enrol in a distant programme.
Many of India’s leading colleges offer the M.Tech programme. Everyone in the engineering sector is in a fierce battle to find the best employment for them.As a result, career hopefuls should immediately begin investing their time in a remote M.Tech degree to gain employment security.
|Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Karnataka State Open University|
|Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science|
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)|
|Nalanda Open University|
|International Institute of Information Technology|
|Institute of Chemical Technology|
|Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)|
|PEC University of Technology|
|Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology|
|Manipal Institute of Technology|
|DY Patil College of Engineering|
|What is the primary distinction between ME and MTech?|
|ME is an abbreviation for Master of Engineering, while MTech is an abbreviation for Master of Technology. The main distinction between these two degrees is their practical application, course content, and focus.|
|What can I do with a Masters of Technology (MTech) degree?|
|Candidates can pursue a research degree such as a PhD after obtaining the Masters of Technology or MTech. They would be able to get suitable employment immediately after graduating MTech. As a professor, those interested in a career as a teacher can enrol in an engineering institution. Candidates with an entrepreneurial attitude are also eligible to create their own businesses.|
|What are the ME/MTech eligibility requirements?|
|Candidates having a valid GATE score who have finished their BE/BTech degree are eligible for the ME/MTech degree programme. Applicants for the MTech degree course must have completed a 5-year programme in Science or Applied Sciences that resulted in the award of a Master of Science degree.|
|What are the various career profiles available to MTech graduates?|
|After earning a Master of Engineering (ME) or a Master of Technology (MTech), a candidate can easily find work as a Project Manager, Research Associate, or Senior Engineer in research and development firms, manufacturing firms, and IT organisations. Some of the candidates also want to work in academia, such as teaching at a college or becoming a professor.|
|What are the greatest employment options for someone with an MTech in CSE?|
|Candidates with an MTech degree in CSE can work in both the commercial and public sectors after graduation. They can also discover a lot of employment vacancies in the software industry, which demands a lot of specialised knowledge. Candidates can work in a variety of software-related fields.|
|What does MTech mean in terms of information technology?|
|In today’s job market, IT Specialists with advanced degrees are needed in practically every profession, including finance, the arts, medicine, defence, and other fields. Candidates with an MTech degree are also preferred by some of the top IT businesses.|
|Which branch of MTech has the most potential?|
|Candidates who performed well in the GATE will almost certainly pursue a master’s degree in design, thermal, or production engineering.|
|Is MTech a decent choice after BTech?|
|Yes, pursuing an MTech after finishing a BTech is an excellent choice for those who wish to broaden their horizons and improve their technical skills. It also provides you with excellent job chances.|
View this post on Instagram