The Management Aptitude Test, or MAT, is a national-level entrance test for MBA/PGDM admissions administered by the All India Management Association (AIMA). The test is given four times in four different phases: February, May, September, and December. Candidates who meet the requirements can apply to any of the 800+ business schools that accept MAT results.Offline (Paper Based Test or PBT), online (Computer Based Test or CBT), and remote proctored (Internet Based Test or IBT) versions of the MAT are available. Candidates have the option of taking the test in whichever manner they desire. The fees, exam schedule, and curriculum are the same for all three options, but the exam dates vary.
|Full-Form||Management Aptitude Test|
|Subject||Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills and Indian and Global Environment.|
|Mode of Conduction||Offline|
|Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Exam Frequency||Multiple times a year|
|Total Registrants for Previous session||1,42,340|
|Total Questions Asked||200|
|Total Questions to be Answered||200|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct entry|
|Negative Marking||-0.25 for each incorrect entry|
|Medium of paper||English|
The following are the fundamental MAT exam eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must have earned a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Students in their last year of studies are also able to apply for the MAT.
- Candidates with a professional degree, such as a CA, CS, or ICWA, are also qualified to take the MAT test.
2022 Exam Dates:
The MAT test will be held from February 26 to March 13, 2022.
|CBT MAT Exam Dates||Last Date for CBT MAT Registration||CBT MAT Admit Card Release Date|
|March 13, 2022||March 7, 2022||March 9, 2022|
Exam Updates 2022:
The Management Aptitude Test, or MAT, is a management aptitude test used to gain admission to MBA programs at several Indian B-schools. AIMA administers this standard aptitude exam four times a year in three formats: computer-based testing (CBT), paper-based testing (PBT), and internet-based testing (IBT). The MAT 2022 February test schedule has been released. Check out the most recent MAT exam news and information below.
Application Form 2022:
MAT 2022 PBT Application Form: For all test takers, the paper-based MAT is the preferred testing option. The February PBT MAT test will be held on March 6, 2022. The same MAT application website mat.aima.in/feb22/register-online is also accessible for the MAT 2022 PBT application.
Exam Application Fee 2022:
|For 1 exam-||Rs.1650/-|
|For 2 exams –||Rs. 2750/-|
|MAT Full Form-||Management Aptitude Test|
|Score Validity for MBA Admission||One academic session|
Exam 2022: What’s New?
The MAT IBT Exam 2022 will be administered over a longer period of time, from February 26 to March 13, 2022, with two sessions on each day. On March 6, 2022, the paper-based MAT 2022 February test will be held in a single day.
|Exam modes –||CBT, PBT, IBT|
|Exam duration –||150 minutes|
|MAT sections:||· Language Comprehension|
· Data Analysis & Sufficiency
· Mathematical Skills
· Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
· Indian & Global Environment
|Number of questions –||200|
|Number of questions section-wise –||40|
|Total marks –||200|
|Marking scheme:||· +1 for each correct entry|
· -0.25 for each incorrect entry
· 0 for not attempting a question
Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles, Fill in the blanks, One Word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Verbal Ability, Antonym & Synonyms, Idioms & Phrases, etc.
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
Tables, Charts, Pie Charts, Bar Diagrams, Caselet-based Data, Venn Diagram, Graphs, Data Comparison, Data Sufficiency, etc.
Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Number System, Percentage, LCM & HCF, Inequalities, Set Theory, etc.
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
Blood Relation, Family Tree, Coding & Decoding, Numeric Grid, Syllogism, Clocks, Calendars, Visual Reasoning, etc.
- On a daily basis, read the finest books for MAT test preparation, periodicals, newspapers, and online blogs to enhance reading abilities, comprehension skills, and to stay up with current events on a national and worldwide level.
- To enhance speed and accuracy as well as familiarity with the exam structure, practise MAT question papers, sample papers, and online mock tests.
- Analyze your preparation level on a regular basis to determine your strengths and weaknesses in each part of the MAT course.
- To do well on the MAT, focus on themes that have higher weight in each area.
- Time management is the key to attempt maximum questions in MAT so, don’t waste time on tricky or tough questions
Exam Time Table:
|26 Feb 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm|
|27 Feb 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm|
|05 Mar 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm|
|12 Mar 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm 4.00 pm to 6.30 pm|
No, Many MBA admission tests, such as the MAT, ATMA, NMAT, XAT, and others, have no reservations.
- After taking the entrance exam, the candidate is eager to learn about the answer key. The important candidate can obtain an idea by looking at the replies. That is the number of points they received on the admission exam.
- The answer key will be available in an online format. The answer key will be available on the MAT’s official website, where candidates can download it.
- As soon as we have more information on the MAT Answer Key 2022, we will include a link to it in this page.
- The key applicant will be able to locate the proper answer to the question presented in the entrance test in the answer.
|International Institute of Management Studies (IIMS) Pune||70-75|
|IBS Hyderabad: ICFAI Business School||75-80|
|SDA Bocconi Mumbai||70-75|
Two of the most popular MBA admission tests in India are the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) and the Common Admission Test (CAT). Although the CAT score is approved by 20 IIMs and over 1,000 B-schools in India, MAT results are accepted by 600+ management institutes.
The two tests have a similar syllabus but are quite different in other ways. The biggest distinction between the CAT and the MAT is the frequency of the exams. CAT is only given once a year, despite the fact that MAT is given four times a year. We looked at the differences between the MAT and the CAT exams in this post. Understanding the distinctions between the MAT and CAT tests can aid you in choose which exam to take this academic year.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When and how many times is the MAT administered each year? It requires a certain level of qualification as well as a certain percentage.
The MAT exam is normally given four times a year, in February, May, September, and December. The minimal requirement for taking the MAT is a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognised university or an equivalent recognised degree. A student in their last year of any undergraduate programme (i.e. B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc.) can also appear provisionally. In most cases, there is a minimum % needed for graduation, which varies per MI/University. Refer to the prospectus of the specific MIs/University for further information.
|When and how will the test be administered?|
The Paper Based Test is held from 1000-1230 hours on the first Sunday of February, May, September, and December. The Computer Based Test, on the other hand, will begin the following Sunday and will be held in several time periods.
What percentage of MIs participate in MAT? Do they continue to change or do they stay the same? Is there a uniform admissions criterion for all institutes? Is the AICTE aware of them? What about the overall cost?
The number of MIs who participate may vary. The amount of MIs varies from one test to the next. Every institute has its own set of admissions requirements. All MIs in the MAT are either AICTE or DEC certified, as well as University linked Colleges and Departments. You can contact the MIs/Universities of your choosing for more information. The AIMA website has a list of various MIs/Universities as well as admission notifications (particular administration).
|How reliable is the MAT score?|
|A full year.|
|Does MAT take place all across the country? What if you live abroad? Is he able to apply for it?|
|The MAT is only held in the country’s main cities.|