SSC CGL is a national-level test held by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to select applicants for Group-B and -C jobs in the Government of India’s many ministries, divisions, and organizations. Every year, over 30 lakh people apply for the SSC CGL test, with approximately 15 lakh individuals taking the exam. The test is divided into four tiers by the Staff Selection Commission. The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) test is administered online for the first two tiers. The exam’s following two levels are conducted in a paper-and-pencil format.
|Full-Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Subject||General Intelligence and Reasoning,General Awareness (GK),Quantitative Aptitude (Mathematics),English Comprehension.|
|Mode of Conduction||Offline|
|Duration||Tier-I: 60 minutes Tier-II: 120 minutes for each paper Tier-III: 60 minutes|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Total Registrants for Previous session||10 Lakh approximately|
|Total Marks||Tier-I: 200 marks Tier-II: 800 marks Tier-III: 100 marks|
|Total Questions Asked||100|
|Total Questions to be Answered||All|
|Marking Scheme||For every correct ans.|
|Negative Marking||The negative marking of 0.50 marks|
|Medium of paper||English and Hindi|
- Nationality Nepal/Bhutan is an Indian or Indian-origin country or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan.
- Age (Overview): 18 to 32 years old, depending on the job (Relaxation to reserved category)
- Qualifications in Education
- A bachelor’s degree in any field is required.
2022 Exam Dates:
|SSC CGL Notification Release Date||23rd December 2021|
|Last date for payment through Challan||27th January 2022|
|SSC CGL Application Form Correction Dates||28th January to 01st February 2022 (11:30)|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Date 2022||Second Week of April 2022|
Exam Updates 2022:
The SSC announced the online exam date for the SSC CGL 2022 Tier I exam on December 23, 2021, along with the official notification and annual exam calendar.
|Last date for payment through Challan||27th January 2022|
Application Form 2022:
After the official notification was released, the link to the application form was activated. Candidates may observe the SSC CGL 2022 application form filling process based on the application form from the previous year. The official announcement will include the deadline for paying the application fee both offline and online.
- Visit the SSC’s official website, ssc.nic.in.
- To register as a new user, go to the ‘New User? Register Now’ page.
- Fill out the SSC CGL application.
- Use the registration number (generated at the time of registration) and password to access the registered account (set at the time of registration).
- Fill in all of the information requested on the SSC CGL application form.
- If necessary, provide scanned photographs of photos, signatures, and other vital documents.
- Examine the SSC online form thoroughly before clicking the Submit button.
- Pay the INR 100 application fee either online or offline.
Exam Application Fee 2022:
|General/ OBC||Rs. 100|
|Female, SC, ST, PwD, & Ex-Servicemen||No Fee|
Exam 2022: What’s New?
The SSC CGL Exam (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level) is a Central Government Recruitment Exam held in India to fill different Group “B” and “C” positions. In April 2022, the SSC CGL Tier 1 examination will be held.
The SC CGL 2022 Tier-1 test will be held online and will consist of four sections with a total of roughly 100 questions and a maximum score of 200. In order to pass the exam, you must finish it in 60 minutes.
The following sections are covered in the SSC CGL Tier-I Exam:
- Reasoning and general intelligence
- a general understanding
- English Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Only for Tier-1
- Computation of whole numbers
- Relationships between numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance
- Time & Work
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Heights and Distances
- Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Phrases and Idioms
- One word Substitution
- Sentence Correction
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spellings Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Passive
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Sentence Improvement
- Cloze test
- for all tier syllabus visit the official websiter and check.
- Maintain a well-organized study schedule.
- Maintain a regular study schedule.
- Have the correct books and study materials for the SSC CGL exam.
- To manage accuracy and speed properly throughout the exam, take as many SSC CGL mock exams and sample papers as feasible.
Exam Time Table:
|SSC CGL Exam||2020 CGL Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||August 3, 2021|
|Tier I exam||29th May to 7th June 2021 (postponed) August 13th 2021 to August 24th 2021 (New dates)|
|Tier-II exam||28th January 2022 & 29th January 2022|
|Tier III exam||6th February 2022|
There is no such thing as a reserve for government civil servants. Candidates who have served for at least 3 years in a regular, continuous capacity as of the application deadline are eligible for age relaxation.
A few days after the exam, the Staff Selection Commission publishes the SSC CGL answer key on its official website. It also makes the SSC CGL question papers and answer key available. The SSC CGL Tier 1 2022 test will be held in April 2022. After then, the answer key will be released. By entering their roll numbers and passwords, applicants will be able to obtain the SSC CGL answer key and question papers from the official website.
The number of candidates applying for both SSC CGL and CHSL is extremely big, and those who are unsure which is better should read this article and then make their decision.
The Combined Graduate Level test is administered by the SSC. This test is used to hire people for various Group B and Group C positions in government departments and ministries.
The Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination (CHSL) is the SSC CHSL test. This test is given to lower-level staffers in various government departments.
Frequently Asked Questions:
|What is the minimum age requirement to apply for the SSC CGL exam?|
|The age restriction for applying for the SSC CGL test varies depending on the SSC CGL position. To apply for the SSC CGL test, you must be at least 18 years old.|
|Is it possible for a candidate to apply for more than one position in the SSC CGL exam?|
|Yes, an individual can apply for more than one post in the SSC CGL test as long as they meet the eligibility requirements.|
|Is it possible for an applicant who has recently passed the class 12th exam to apply for the SSC CGL exam?|
|To apply for the SSC CGL test, a candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree.|
|How can I pass the SSC CGL Exam?|
|The SSC CGL Exam can be aced with the right strategy and preparation materials. Before taking the test, the candidate must read the whole exam schedule as well as the exam pattern. To pass the test, it is recommended that you create a study schedule and concentrate on the most important elements of the course.|
|Are students in their last year of college eligible to take the SSC CGL exam?|
|No, if you haven’t passed your final year test, you won’t be eligible for the SSC CGL Exam. A graduate degree is required for each of the positions available through the SSC CGL examination.|